The third prosecution witness in the GH¢49 million National Signals Bureau (NSB) trial has told an Accra High Court that former Director-General Kwabena Adu-Boahene and his wife signed cheque books in advance, which were later used to withdraw funds from accounts linked to the ac …
National Signals Bureau trial: Court told Adu-Boahene, wife signed cheques long before withdrawalsAccra High Court
Accra High Court — Ghanaian superior court hearing criminal and civil cases including bail applications, winding-up petitions, and asset declaration trials.
In coverage
Verbatim sentences from the source article.
- May 2026
- April 2026
The Minister for Health, Kwabena Mintah Akandoh, has been dragged before the Accra High Court by Lightwave eHealthcare Solutions over what the firm describes as “unsavoury” and defamatory statements about its operations. …
Lightwave sues Health Minister over alleged ‘false and damaging’ remarks, demands apology… An Accra High Court recently delivered a landmark ruling that significantly restricts the powers of the Office of the Special Prosecutor (OSP). …
Atuguba allays fears of a Supreme Court ruling annulling all OSP-prosecuted cases… The situation was further complicated on April 15, when an Accra High Court ruled that the OSP’s prosecutorial powers exercised without the Attorney-General’s consent were unlawful. …
GACC urges resistance against attempts to weaken anti-corruption framework
Court rejects defence email evidence in Adu-Boahene trial
An Accra High Court rejected the tendering of an April 2018 email as evidence by the defence team during cross-examination in the trial of Adu-Boahene and his wife. The rejection occurred amid questioning of a prosecution witness about financial transactions involving BNC Communications Bureau Limited and Adu-Boahene's accounts.
15 hours ago · Joy Online →
Today
Court rejects defence email evidence in Adu-Boahene trial
An Accra High Court rejected the tendering of an April 2018 email as evidence by the defence team during cross-examination in the trial of Adu-Boahene and his wife. The rejection occurred amid questioning of a prosecution witness about financial transactions involving BNC Communications Bureau Limited and Adu-Boahene's accounts.
15 hours ago · Joy Online →
Yesterday
Former AG condemns Abronye DC's detention; High Court grants bail
Former Attorney-General Godfred Yeboah Dame criticised the detention of NPP Bono Regional Chairman Kwame Baffoe (Abronye DC), calling it "very unhealthy" for Ghana's democracy after the Accra High Court granted him bail of GH¢100,000 with two sureties. Dame argued that offences of spreading false news should not ordinarily attract custodial detention, and that Abronye DC's nine days and eight nights in custody was excessive.
21 May 2026 · Joy Online →
Court overturns Bank of Ghana's seven-year revocation of GN Savings and Loans
A three-member Court of Appeal panel has unanimously overturned the Bank of Ghana's 2019 revocation of GN Savings and Loans Company Limited's operating licence, ruling the central bank's decision was unfair and unreasonable. The court ordered the Receiver to return possession, management and control of the company to its shareholders, though restoring the licence and resuming regulated banking activity remain separate processes.
21 May 2026 · Joy Online →
High Court grants bail to Abronye DC after eight days custody
The Accra High Court granted NPP Bono Regional Chairman Kwame Baffoe (Abronye DC) bail of GH¢100,000 with two sureties after eight days in BNI custody over social media comments about a Circuit Court judge. Paul Twum-Barimah hailed the decision as a victory for constitutional rights and freedom of expression.
21 May 2026 · Joy Online →
Accra High Court grants GH¢100,000 bail to Abronye DC
The Accra High Court has granted bail of GH¢100,000 with two sureties to Kwame Baffoe (Abronye DC), the Bono Regional Chairman of the NPP, who had been remanded into BNI custody over allegations of spreading false news. The NPP criticised the handling of the case, including the transfer between courts, and alleged political intimidation.
21 May 2026 · Joy Online →
Euroget faces winding-up petition over three million dollar debt
An Accra High Court has adjourned to June 17, 2026 a petition seeking the winding up of Euroget De-Invest S.A over an outstanding debt exceeding three million dollars. The defendant's counsel indicated the company would file an affidavit in opposition to the petition filed by Top International Engineering Ghana Limited.
21 May 2026 · Joy Online →
Wednesday 20 May
Court documents challenge RNAQ's claim of sole Quick Credit founder
Court filings by Joana Quaye in an Accra High Court show that Quick Credit and Investment Money Lending Limited (now Bills Micro-Credit Ltd) was jointly established by her and Richard Nii Armah Quaye in 2011, with Joana holding 100,000 shares and Richard holding 900,000 shares at incorporation. The documents, presented as exhibits in her application for an interlocutory injunction, contradict Richard Quaye's recent public claim that he solely built the business.
20 May 2026 · Joy Online →
Friday 15 May
Asset declaration trial adjourned pending Supreme Court ruling
The Accra High Court has adjourned a criminal trial of public officers accused of failing to declare their assets, pending a Supreme Court determination in Noah Ephraim Adamptey v. Attorney-General. The court also acknowledged the death of one accused person, James Keck Osei, and adjourned proceedings to June 16, 2026.
15 May 2026 · Joy Online →
Saturday 9 May
Deputy AG says no denial of lawyer access to ex-NAFCO chief
The Deputy Attorney General said no one had denied the former NAFCO chief executive access to his lawyers following his re-arrest after a court discharge. Dr Srem-Sai stated the former NAFCO boss was sent to EOCO for interrogation and reportedly fell ill and was hospitalised, and criticised the former Attorney General for appearing on radio programmes instead of accompanying his client for questioning.
9 May 2026 · Joy Online →
Friday 8 May
Former AG says he authorised OSP to prosecute cases
Former Attorney-General Godfred Yeboah Dame asserted that he personally granted the Office of the Special Prosecutor authority to prosecute cases during his tenure, citing Section 4 of the OSP Act and legislative instruments as legal basis for the delegation.
8 May 2026 · Joy Online →
Tuesday 5 May
NSB trial hears of pre-signed cheques used for withdrawals
A former director of Advantage Solutions told an Accra High Court that Kwabena Adu-Boahene and his wife Angela Adjei Boateng signed cheque books in advance, which were later filled in and used to withdraw funds from accounts linked to the accused in the GH¢49 million National Signals Bureau case.
5 May 2026 · Joy Online →
Thursday 30 April
Lightwave sues Health Minister over contract dispute allegations
Lightwave eHealthcare Solutions has sued Health Minister Kwabena Mintah Akandoh in the Accra High Court over remarks it characterizes as false and defamatory concerning its contracts with the Ministry of Health, seeking a public retraction, apology, and damages for business losses. The company denies allegations that it misrepresented health facility numbers, overbilled the government, and hosted electronic medical records abroad.
30 April 2026 · Joy Online →
Monday 27 April
Former judge says Supreme Court ruling won't void OSP cases
Former Supreme Court judge William Atuguba has sought to allay concerns that corruption cases handled by the Office of the Special Prosecutor could be invalidated if the Supreme Court rules against its prosecutorial authority, amid legal debate over the interpretation of Article 88 of Ghana's 1992 Constitution and its relationship with the OSP Act.
27 April 2026 · Joy Online →
Friday 24 April
GACC calls for resistance against anti-corruption framework weakening
The Ghana Anti-Corruption Coalition has urged citizens to resist efforts to undermine the public accountability framework, warning that recent legal challenges to the Office of the Special Prosecutor risk eroding anti-corruption gains at a time when the country loses about US$3 billion annually to corruption.
24 April 2026 · Business & Financial Times →