… Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said in a statement after the Israeli leader and Trump spoke that Israel was not a party to the memorandum of understanding with Iran. …
… The US leader said he had spoken to leaders in the region, including Gulf allies and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, adding: “The whole Middle East is very happy.” The Israeli prime minister’s office confirmed a conversation had taken place and said Israel “is not a pa …
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has “certainly gotten some things wrong”, US Vice-President JD Vance has said, as ties between the two partners in the war against Iran appear to have become strained in recent weeks. …
… The United States imposed sanctions on Khan after he sought arrest warrants for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Defence Minister Yoav Gallant over alleged crimes linked to the war in Gaza. …
… Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a video statement carried by Israeli television that Israel would respond with force if Iran attacked again. …
… that he will urge Israel “not to retaliate”, despite the country’s military saying it will “strike the enemy” as soon as the order is given. “I am going to call Bibi right now and tell him not to retaliate,” Trump told Axios, referring to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu …
… Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel had struck “terrorist headquarters in the Dahieh district of Beirut, in response to Hezbollah’s firing at Israeli territory”. …
Israel's announcement of tenders for approximately 1,200 settlement homes in the strategically important E1 area of the occupied West Bank has drawn joint condemnation from the UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Canada, who called the decision "unacceptable" and urged immediate retraction. The major Western powers warn that the development would undermine peace prospects and further isolate east Jerusalem.
Israel's announcement of tenders for approximately 1,200 settlement homes in the strategically important E1 area of the occupied West Bank has drawn joint condemnation from the UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Canada, who called the decision "unacceptable" and urged immediate retraction. The major Western powers warn that the development would undermine peace prospects and further isolate east Jerusalem.
The United States called Israeli airstrikes on the Abu Duhur airbase in Syria an "unnecessary escalation," with US Ambassador Tom Barrack expressing concern the attacks do not advance regional stability. Israel said Syria breached a security status quo by allowing Turkish troops to deploy to the airbase, while Syria and Turkey condemned the strikes as threatening regional security.
US President Trump's Middle East envoy Jared Kushner held rare talks with Hamas in Egypt to discuss implementation of a US-backed Gaza peace plan that calls for Hamas disarmament, Israeli troop withdrawal, and Gaza's rebuilding under Palestinian civilian administration. Israel has rejected the 15-point plan, and Kushner is now in Israel to meet with Prime Minister Netanyahu.
Pope Leo called Sunday for an end to violence against Palestinians in the occupied West Bank, where militant settlers have attacked civilians and besieged the village of Qusra by cutting off water and electricity. He urged the international community to advance a two-state solution for lasting peace.
Eleven people died in Israeli strikes on southern Lebanon on Saturday, with seven killed in a strike on a house in Ansar near Beirut and four more in a strike on Deir al-Zahrani. Lebanon's prime minister condemned the attacks as targeting civilians rather than military infrastructure and called for Israel to halt the escalation.
The US has revoked the visa of Brazil's ambassador to Washington in a reciprocal action after Brazil denied visas to two US State Department officials last month, with Brazil's government claiming the officials sought to meddle in its elections. The cancellation marks the latest escalation in diplomatic tensions between the two countries, which have also involved US tariffs on Brazil and terrorist designations of Brazilian gangs.
Two Michigan Democrats are in a tight battle for the party's Senate nomination in a seat the party views as pivotal to retaking the upper chamber in November's midterms. Left-wing insurgent Abdul El-Sayed is slightly ahead of establishment-backed congresswoman Haley Stevens with more than 90% of votes counted, with the primary underscoring party divisions over ties to Israel and grassroots frustration with Washington.
President Trump said the U.S. will hold off on attacking Iran if a deal can be reached quickly to end Iran's nuclear programme and reopen the Strait of Hormuz, following requests from Iran and other Middle Eastern countries.
A new proposal would have Hamas hand over its weapons as Israel withdraws from 70% of Gaza it occupies, though the plan faces significant political and practical challenges. The arrangement comes amid catastrophic conditions for over 2 million Palestinian civilians and after tens of thousands of deaths during the war.
Israel has moved yellow concrete blocks that mark its controlled territory in Gaza westwards, displacing families in northern Gaza including the al-Shawish family. Hamas accuses Israel of violating the October ceasefire agreement by expanding the Yellow Line beyond the agreed demarcation zone.
US President Donald Trump held separate meetings with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Washington, described by the White House as "positive and productive." Zelensky said Trump agreed to grant Ukraine licences for domestic production of Patriot interceptor missiles, which Kyiv says are needed to defend against Russian drone and ballistic missile attacks.
Saudi Arabia and the US have carried out strikes against Iran-backed militias in Iraq in response to over 30 IRGC-directed aerial drone attacks in the last 72 hours, escalating Middle East tensions after Iran launched missiles at US forces.
President Donald Trump said his separate meetings with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu were positive, with both leaders in Washington for a memorial service. Trump discussed various topics with each leader without providing specifics, though tensions preceded the Netanyahu meeting over leaked details of his planned talking points on Iran.
Iran launched multiple ballistic missiles in an attempted surprise attack on US forces in the Middle East on Tuesday, with the US military saying all missiles were successfully intercepted. The strike broke a three-day lull in hostilities between the two countries, which had been intended to restart negotiations.
President Trump has halted attacks on Iran for the third consecutive night to create space for talks, according to US ambassador Mike Waltz, while an Iranian spokesperson confirmed Tehran has also paused retaliatory attacks. Oil prices have dropped below $90 per barrel following the pause.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he planned to attend the UN General Assembly in New York City this autumn despite NYC Mayor Zohran Mamdani's threat to arrest him based on an ICC warrant. Netanyahu told Fox News he was "not concerned" about the threat and accused Mamdani of "fomenting hate," while the mayor has since walked back the arrest threat, acknowledging he lacked the legal power to do so.
The US ambassador to the UN said President Trump has paused attacks on Iran for the second night to give diplomacy more time, after nearly two weeks of daily US strikes and tit-for-tat attacks. Iran's army spokesperson said Tehran had halted "retaliatory" attacks in response, and Iran and Oman held technical talks on managing the Strait of Hormuz.
US President Donald Trump has paused attacks on Iran for the second night in a row to give diplomacy space, according to US Ambassador to the UN Mike Waltz. Iran's army spokesperson said Tehran had also halted "retaliatory" attacks in response, as Iran and Oman held technical talks on managing the Strait of Hormuz.
The International Criminal Court has voted to dismiss prosecutor Karim Khan, elected in 2021, over alleged sexual misconduct involving a junior staff member and attempts to obstruct her complaint. Khan has denied the allegations, with his lawyers calling the suspension procedurally unfair, while supporters worry the scandal could weaken the permanent war-crimes tribunal.
New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani, who had pledged to arrest Benjamin Netanyahu if he visited, now says he lacks the legal authority to do so. He has instead called on the US federal government to join the ICC and enforce its arrest warrant for the Israeli Prime Minister over alleged war crimes.
Two US-based advocacy groups are suing the Trump administration, arguing that sanctions imposed against the International Criminal Court and Palestinian human rights groups violate free speech rights by suppressing pro-Palestinian advocacy. The groups say the February 2025 executive order illegally "police the political expression of millions of Americans," while Washington defends the sanctions as necessary to protect American citizens and allies.
President Trump has reversed his threat of a 20% fee on Strait of Hormuz cargo, replacing it with plans for "massive" trade and investment deals with Gulf states, as the US resumes blockade of Iranian ports and launches fresh strikes against Iran, causing tanker traffic through the strategic waterway to slow dramatically.
Iran's Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei was absent from his father's funeral on Sunday, with senior regime figures and thousands attending. Speculation about Mojtaba's condition has continued after rumors he was wounded in US-Israel air strikes that killed his father, and he has not appeared in public since his appointment in early March.
The US and Iran have agreed to "stand down" following an exchange of strikes over the past few days, with vessels now able to move through the Strait of Hormuz "freely" and renewed talks to end the war continuing. The agreement comes less than two weeks after a 14-point Memorandum of Understanding signed on 17 June, which has been under strain due to renewed attacks by both sides.
Israeli air strikes in southern Lebanon killed one person and wounded at least two more, a day after Israel and Lebanon signed a US-brokered framework agreement aimed at achieving lasting peace. Hezbollah's leader rejected the deal, calling it "humiliating" and a "surrender of sovereignty," while Prime Minister Netanyahu described it as "historic" and a blow to Iran and Hezbollah.
The first round of US-Iran negotiations to end the war has ended with "encouraging progress," according to mediators Qatar and Pakistan, who say the parties have agreed to a roadmap for reaching a final deal within 60 days. The memorandum includes commitments to ending fighting on all fronts including Lebanon, reopening the Strait of Hormuz, and lifting sanctions on Iranian oil and petrochemical exports.
The US and Iran have completed their first round of peace negotiations in Switzerland with "encouraging progress," with mediators Qatar and Pakistan reporting agreement on a roadmap to reach a final deal within 60 days. Technical talks focused on clarifying messaging regarding the Strait of Hormuz, ceasefire enforcement in Lebanon, and nuclear deal elements, with a communication line established to prevent incidents among commercial vessels.
Israeli strikes in Gaza killed at least six people, including Al Jazeera cameraman Ahmed Wishah, in a strike on a central Gaza home on Saturday. The IDF accused Wishah of being "a terrorist in Hamas' military wing who served as a sniper operative," while Al Jazeera condemned the killing as a violation of international law and part of a "systematic policy of targeting journalists."
The US says Israel and Hezbollah have agreed a ceasefire following intense Israeli air strikes in southern Lebanon that killed 47 people, though Israeli forces said they would continue removing immediate threats and rescue officials reported at least 12 strikes in the city of Nabatieh since the ceasefire began.
The FBI thwarted a plot to attack a UFC event at the White House on Sunday, arresting five men across four US states. The alleged plan involved striking nearby buildings with explosive-laden drones and firing on "high value targets," with a second wave of attackers intended to storm the White House gate.