“We’re all going on a European tour,” chanted the Bournemouth fans. For a while, they believed the Champions League was possible, but there was to be no fairytale finale for Andoni Iraola. …
… The Spaniard says he did not watch Bournemouth holding title rivals Manchester City to a 1-1 draw – a result which meant the title would be heading to north London for the first time in 22 years. …
Arsenal ended their 22-year wait to win the Premier League title on Tuesday when they were confirmed as champions following second-placed Manchester City’s 1-1 draw at Bournemouth. …
Arsenal’s 22-year wait for the Premier League title is over after rivals Manchester City drew at Bournemouth, in what is expected to be Pep Guardiola’s penultimate game in charge. …
… day’s FA Cup final, when asked if he will still be at the club next season, he replied: “Yeah.” The ex-Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss added: “I am here, I have a contract.” The same question came up earlier on Monday at a news conference previewing Tuesday’s trip to Bournemouth …
… Despite having also identified Bournemouth’s Andoni Iraola and Fulham’s Marco Silva as potential replacements for Rosenior, whose role has been filled by interim coach Calum McFarlane in recent weeks, the Chelsea hierarchy has been in talks with Alonso in recent days after making …
… The 26-year-old joined City from Bournemouth in January and has showcased why the £62.5m paid for him was deemed excellent value in an overinflated market – his 72nd-minute strike sealing a 16th major trophy for boss Pep Guardiola and 20 pieces of silverware overall in his 10 yea …
The Premier League will instruct referees to penalise holding, pushing, and jostling in penalty areas more strictly this season, focusing on actions that prevent players from playing the ball. The change follows widespread concerns about inconsistent officiating during set-pieces in the previous campaign.
The Premier League will instruct referees to penalise holding, pushing, and jostling in penalty areas more strictly this season, focusing on actions that prevent players from playing the ball. The change follows widespread concerns about inconsistent officiating during set-pieces in the previous campaign.
Manchester United has made an opening offer of £60m plus an additional £5m for Brighton's Carlos Baleba as their third midfielder signing, following the recent arrivals of Andrey Santos and Youri Tielemans, with talks continuing and expectation the transfer will be completed.
Arsenal defeated Manchester City 3-0 in the Community Shield, with goals from Riccardo Calafiori, Kai Havertz, and Martin Odegaard, as the defending Premier League champions prepare for their title defence campaign.
Manchester City forward Antoine Semenyo says Cape Verde's strong 2026 World Cup performance is unsurprising given the quality he witnessed at AFCON 2022, and he believes African teams are increasingly proving they can compete with the world's best. Semenyo also scored 17 Premier League goals this season, surpassing Tony Yeboah's record for most goals by a Ghanaian in a single season.
Barcelona have agreed to sign Spain captain Rodri from Manchester City for approximately £65m on a four-year deal. The 30-year-old, who won the Ballon d'Or in 2024, leaves City after seven seasons and 12 major honours.
Manchester City forward Antoine Semenyo has praised new manager Enzo Maresca's style of play as "music to my ears," noting that the wide-attacking approach excites him as a winger. Semenyo featured in City's penalty loss to Inter Milan in Maresca's first game and said the manager's ideas on how to set up the wide men are "great" and align with what he experienced at Chelsea.
Bournemouth are finalising an £11.1m move for Sevilla right-back Juanlu, 22, on a long-term contract, marking the club's third summer signing under new manager Marco Rose. The fee comprises an initial £9.4m with £1.7m in add-ons.
The 19-year-old African winger Yan Diomande is signing with Real Madrid for more than £100m, making him a record sale for RB Leipzig, a record signing for Real Madrid, and the most expensive African player in history. His rise has been rapid — less than 18 months ago he was largely unknown before playing for Leganes and then Leipzig.
Manchester City midfielder Rodri will be out for a "short period of rehabilitation" after undergoing back surgery on Monday, manager Enzo Maresca said, with no specific return timeline set. City said Rodri had been experiencing discomfort for some time before the procedure.
Manchester City midfielder Rodri will be sidelined for a "short period of rehabilitation" following back surgery on Monday, according to new manager Enzo Maresca, with no timeline set for his return. City face Arsenal in the Community Shield on 16 August and Bournemouth in their Premier League opener on 23 August.
Manchester City winger Savinho is keen to leave the club and explore a move to Tottenham, with head coach Roberto de Zerbi interested in signing the 22-year-old Brazil international. The attacker, who joined City from Troyes for £30.8m in July 2024, has seen limited game time this season amid competition from new signings Rayan Cherki and Antoine Semenyo.
Bournemouth midfielder Alex Scott has rejected a new contract offer, with several Premier League clubs including Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham, Manchester City and Chelsea monitoring his situation. Bournemouth say Scott remains not for sale despite the England Under-21 international's two years remaining on his current deal.
Bournemouth have rejected a £64m offer from Chelsea for midfielder Alex Scott and told the Blues no further approaches would be welcomed, insisting they intend to keep the 22-year-old star player despite his rejection of a new contract offer.
New Liverpool manager Andoni Iraola said the club needs to sign more players beyond the two already acquired, with the club working to complete transfers before the 2026-27 season. Iraola also highlighted the challenge of managing the side's campaign without key players including Mo Salah and those with long-term injuries.
Bruno Guimaraes has asked to leave Newcastle, with Arsenal accelerating their interest in the Brazil international midfielder. Arsenal are poised to make a fresh offer for Guimaraes, who arrived at Newcastle from Lyon in 2022, as they look to bolster their midfield.
Former England striker Callum Wilson, 34, is in advanced talks with Brentford following his departure from West Ham and is expected to sign an initial 12-month contract this week. The free agent would provide competition for Igor Thiago and allow 19-year-old Kaye Furo to move out on loan.
Bournemouth have turned down an enquiry from Arsenal for 22-year-old midfielder Alex Scott, saying he is not for sale this summer and intends to extend his contract. Scott is also a target for Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham, and Chelsea.
Manchester United's 25-year-old Manuel Ugarte suffered a knee ligament injury while playing for Uruguay against Spain at the World Cup; Uruguayan media reports suggest a cruciate ligament injury that could sideline him for several months, pending further tests in Manchester.
Antoine Semenyo says Ghana's squad is united behind Carlos Queiroz's defensive approach and focused on qualification against Croatia in a World Cup Group L decider, emphasizing the need to "defend as a team for 90 minutes to get a result."
Scotland's chances of reaching the World Cup knockout stages for the first time face significant jeopardy following a 3-0 defeat by Brazil in Miami. With three points and a minus-three goal difference giving only a 42% chance of claiming one of the eight best third-place team spots, Scotland must wait until Sunday morning to learn their fate as the rest of the groups play their final games.
Manchester City forward Antoine Semenyo, who was born in England but represents Ghana, says he never regretted his decision to play for Ghana and is proud to face England at the World Cup. Semenyo notes his family support Ghana and he was never in England's underage teams, making the choice an easy one.
Newly promoted Coventry City will travel to champions Arsenal on Friday, 21 August in the opening match of the 2026-27 Premier League season, marking the Sky Blues' first top-flight match in 25 years.
Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a £52m deal with Brighton for Dutch defender Jan Paul van Hecke, who has one year left on his current contract. The deal includes a significant sell-on clause for Brighton.
Manchester United winger Amad Diallo scored in the 90th minute to give Ivory Coast a 1-0 win over Ecuador in their World Cup opener in Philadelphia. The victory marks Ivory Coast's return to the World Cup after 12 years and gives them a chance to qualify from Group E.
Ghana scored 23 goals in 10 World Cup qualifiers, seven from set-pieces, under the guidance of Belgian set-piece coach Gregory De Grauwe. The team has refined its attacking set-pieces by targeting the back post where centre-backs Alexander Djiku and Mohammed Salisu are stationed, while also improving defensive organisation at set-pieces.
Former France international Marcel Desailly believes Antoine Semenyo could be the key to Ghana's success at the 2026 FIFA World Cup, but warns the Manchester City forward must remain disciplined and humble despite his status and not overestimate his role in the team. Semenyo scored 21 goals across Bournemouth and Manchester City combined in the 2025/26 season after joining Pep Guardiola's side in January.
Christian Eriksen collapsed during a Denmark match against Ukraine in Odense on Sunday but is now at home with his family and says he is "doing well." The 34-year-old midfielder, who was fitted with an Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator after a cardiac arrest during Euro 2020, says his ICD "did exactly what it was designed to do" and his recovery has begun.
Scotland qualified for the 2026 World Cup with a 4–2 victory over Denmark at Hampden Park, their first appearance at the tournament since 1998. Manager Steve Clarke faces the challenge of a squad with aging players and limited goal-scoring depth outside of midfielders, though recent defeats without scoring against Japan and Côte d'Ivoire have tempered early euphoria.
Liverpool have appointed Andoni Iraola as head coach on a two-year contract following Arne Slot's departure. The former Bournemouth manager, 43, takes over after the Reds finished the Premier League season with 60 points and qualified for next season's Champions League.
Pep Guardiola stepped down as Manchester City manager after a decade, having threatened to quit "100 times" in the past but this time "actually meant it," according to chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak. Guardiola led City to 17 major trophies including six Premier League titles and a Champions League victory before departing with one year remaining on his contract.