Also known as: Mr Aludiba · Hannan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba · the former NAFCO boss · former Chief Executive Officer of the National Food Buffer Stock Company · Mr Abdul-Wahab · Ludiba · Mr. Abdul-Wahab · Abdul-Wahab Hanan Aludibia · Abdul Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba
Former CEO of the National Food Buffer Stock Company facing criminal charges for alleged stealing, fraud, and money laundering totalling GH¢62.6 million.
… Speaking on JoyFM’s Top Story on Monday, July 6, in the wake of lawyers seeking a court order over the arrest of former National Food Buffer Stock Company (NAFCO) Chief Executive Officer Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, Mr Abdulai said security operatives routinely flout constitutional …
The opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP) has described the arrest of former National Food Buffer Stock Company (NAFCO) Chief Executive Officer Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba as politically motivated, alleging that the move was intended to frustrate him. …
… His comments follow the arrest of former National Food Buffer Stock Company (NAFCO) Chief Executive Officer, Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, at the Accra International Airport on Saturday night while he was preparing to travel to the United Kingdom. …
Former Chief Executive Officer of the National Buffer Stock Company, Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, has been arrested by law enforcement officers at the Accra International Airport. …
The former Chief Executive Officer of the National Food Buffer Stock Company (NAFCO), Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, has been arrested at the Accra International Airport in a fresh development in the criminal case in which he is standing trial over alleged financial offences. …
The High Court in Accra has granted bail to the former Chief Executive Officer of the National Food Buffer Stock Company Limited (NAFCO), Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, and his wife, Faiza Seidu Wuni, who are standing trial over alleged corruption and financial-related offences invol …
Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba The Attorney General has filed 20 new charges against former Chief Executive Officer of National Food and Buffer Stock Company Limited (NAFCO), Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba and his wife, Faiza Seidu Wuni, for allegedly stealing and causing financial loss to …
Fresh court documents filed at the High Court in Accra have alleged a list of criminal charges against former National Food and Buffer Stock Company (NAFCO) Chief Executive Officer, Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, and his wife, Faiza Seidu Wuni, over alleged financial improprieties in …
The Deputy Attorney General, Dr Justice Srem-Sai, said no one had denied the former Chief Executive Officer of the National Food Buffer Stock Company (NAFCO) access to his lawyers following his re-arrest. …
Former Attorney General Godfred Dame, representing NAFCO Chief Executive Officer Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, has criticised the court's decision to hear proceedings during the legal vacation, arguing there is no emergency or urgency to justify the action and that compelling parties to participate in a trial during vacation goes against judicial practice.
Former Attorney General Godfred Dame, representing NAFCO Chief Executive Officer Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, has criticised the court's decision to hear proceedings during the legal vacation, arguing there is no emergency or urgency to justify the action and that compelling parties to participate in a trial during vacation goes against judicial practice.
The High Court in Accra adjourned the criminal case of former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba and his wife Faiza Seidu Wuni to August 17, 2026, after lawyers for both accused failed to appear in court. The Deputy Attorney-General questioned explanations for the absences, noting that lead counsel had previously indicated unavailability during legal vacation and requesting medical evidence.
Joy Online publishes a list of 26 vacation judges nationwide and their courts, following controversy over the Chief Justice's selection of cases to be heard during the legal vacation.
Lawyers representing former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba and former NSB Director-General Kwabena Adu-Boahene have written to the Chief Justice protesting the decision to conduct their trials during the legal vacation, calling it unprecedented and discriminatory. They contend the directive is unconstitutional and say they cannot comply.
Lawyers representing former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba and former NSB Director-General Kwabena Adu-Boahene have written to the Chief Justice protesting the decision to conduct their trials during the legal vacation, calling it unprecedented and discriminatory, and indicating their inability to comply with what they describe as an unconstitutional directive.
An Accra High Court has dismissed an application by Faiza Seidu Wuni, second accused in a criminal trial, seeking permission to travel abroad with her seven-year-old son for medical assessment and treatment. Her counsel argued the trip was in the child's best interest, while the Deputy Attorney-General opposed it, citing the State's duty to balance the child's welfare.
The Accra High Court has directed the Office of the Attorney-General to disclose all additional documents relevant to the criminal case against former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, following an application by his counsel. Mr Aludiba faces charges of stealing, defrauding by false pretences, causing financial loss to the State, and money laundering related to his tenure at the National Food Buffer Stock Company.
The High Court has dismissed an application by Faiza Seidu-Wuni to travel to the United Kingdom for her son's medical treatment, ruling she had not demonstrated the child could not receive the required care in Ghana. The decision means she must remain in the country and comply with travel restrictions imposed as part of her bail conditions in the ongoing criminal case against her and her husband, former NAFCO CEO Abdul Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba.
Faiza Seidu Wuni, wife of former National Food Buffer Stock Company CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, has filed an application with the High Court seeking permission to travel to the United Kingdom for their son's medical treatment while standing trial on criminal charges. The prosecution has raised concerns about the timing of the application, filed weeks after her husband made a similar request, while the defence argues it is solely for medical purposes.
A High Court judge has refused a request to dismiss charges against former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba but ordered the Attorney General to amend two of the 16 counts against him; the trial will proceed on all charges, with Aludiba and his wife facing a combined 20 counts.
The Accra High Court dismissed an application by the defence counsel to strike out the entire charge sheet against ex-National Buffer Stock CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, but directed the prosecution to amend Counts 9 and 14 relating to defrauding by false pretences, finding the defects non-fatal and the charges to proceed.
Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, former CEO of the National Food Buffer Stock Company, has filed an application requesting the court strike out charges against him, arguing they are vague and ambiguous and violate his constitutional right to a fair trial. He and his wife, Faiza Seidu Wuni, stand trial for allegedly stealing and causing financial loss to the state totalling GH¢62.6 million across 16 counts including fraud and money laundering.
The former CEO of National Food and Buffer Stock Company Limited accuses the Organised Crime Office of unlawfully keeping £7,000 he borrowed for travel and medical expenses, and of unlawfully accessing data on his mobile phones while detained. His lawyer argues EOCO is also unlawfully holding his passport contrary to a court order, and that allegations he is a flight risk are false.
An Accra High Court has adjourned the trial of former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba to hear an application by his counsel seeking to strike out the entire charge sheet, arguing it violates his constitutional right to a fair trial. The prosecution contested the application, arguing the charges remained valid and proceedings could continue.
Lawyers for the former CEO of the National Food Buffer Stock Company have filed a motion at the Accra High Court seeking to strike out fresh criminal charges, describing them as fatally defective and unconstitutional. The prosecution had withdrawn initial charges and filed a new charge sheet citing new evidence, but the trial scheduled to commence was adjourned to July 20, 2026, for the court to hear the defence application.
Former Sekondi MP Andrew Egyapa Mercer, a lawyer, has criticised the Attorney General's handling of Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba's rearrest at the airport after the High Court permitted him to travel to the UK for medical treatment. Mercer questioned the basis for the arrest and challenged claims that Hanan attempted to withdraw funds from a frozen account, saying no evidence had been provided.
Kofi Bentil, Vice President of IMANI Africa, has questioned the continued scrutiny of former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, arguing that the basis for freezing his account had been vacated by court order and he should no longer be treated as subject to the earlier restriction.
JoyNews' Newsfile will examine the National Clean-up Exercise and measures to sustain environmental cleanliness, the extradition of Frederick Kumi (Abu Trica) to the United States on romance scam allegations, the legal case of former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, and the government's 'Nkoko Nkitinkiti' poultry programme.
JoyNews' Newsfile programme reviewed the National Clean-up Exercise and efforts to sustain environmental cleanliness, discussed the extradition of Frederick Kumi to the United States on romance scam allegations, and examined former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba's legal case and travel ban. The show also assessed the government's 'Nkoko Nkitinkiti' poultry initiative and whether it has achieved its objectives.
Joy Prime's Prime Insight current affairs show will air Saturday, July 11, from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM, with a panel of legal experts, political communicators, and activists debating the National Cleanup Exercise, the extradition of Frederick Kumi to the US and the arrest of former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, and the performance of the 'Nkoko Nkitikiti' agricultural project.
The lawyers for Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, former CEO of the National Food Buffer Stock Company, have rejected Attorney-General allegations that he attempted to unlawfully withdraw money from a frozen bank account, calling the claims false and without evidence. Aludiba was arrested at Kotoka International Airport on July 4 after obtaining High Court permission to travel to the UK for specialist medical treatment.
Former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba was released from EOCO custody on Wednesday, July 8, 2026, after spending four days following his re-arrest at Accra International Airport on July 4 over allegations he attempted to use false means to access a frozen account. His legal team, led by former Attorney-General Godfred Yeboah Dame, has challenged the legality of the arrest and accused the state of acting unlawfully.
The wife of former National Food Buffer Stock Company CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba has filed a habeas corpus application at the High Court in Accra, seeking to compel the Bureau of National Investigations and the Attorney-General to produce her husband before the court. She contends that he has been held by the BNI since July 4, 2026, following his arrest at Accra International Airport despite being granted court leave to travel abroad for medical treatment.
The Attorney-General has filed a High Court application to overturn a June 29 order allowing Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, first accused in the Buffer Stock case, to travel to the UK for medical treatment, citing fresh developments including an alleged attempt to access frozen funds. Aludiba has been granted bail by EOCO, but the prosecution argues he attempted to breach a freezing order by withdrawing funds, a transaction the financial institution declined and reported.
The Attorney General has applied to the High Court to set aside an earlier order allowing Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, first accused in a pending criminal case, to travel to the United Kingdom for medical treatment. The application follows new allegations that Aludiba attempted to access frozen bank accounts using a court order from a separate case, raising concerns about compliance with court orders and whether he would return to face trial.
Legal practitioner Justice Abdulai stated that only court orders can, in limited circumstances, override constitutional protections for arrested persons in Ghana, and that even judges must remain bound by constitutional provisions. He also urged security operatives to exercise basic judgment when effecting arrests, rather than treating the duty as purely mechanical instructions.
Former Attorney-General Godfred Yeboah Dame, acting as lawyer for former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, has condemned his client's arrest at Accra International Airport on Saturday night despite securing High Court permission to travel to the United Kingdom. The current Deputy Attorney-General said the arrest followed intelligence of alleged attempts to withdraw from a frozen account, but Dame insists he never prevented citizens from travelling during his tenure as AG.
Former Attorney General Godfred Dame, representing Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, has rejected the government's explanation that the former NAFCO Chief Executive was arrested for attempting to withdraw funds from a frozen bank account, calling the accusation "comical" and unsupported by evidence.
Lawyer Godfred Dame, representing former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba, has rejected claims that his client was arrested for attempting to withdraw funds from a frozen bank account, calling the rationale "comical" and "unlawful." Dame insisted no such withdrawal attempt was made and questioned how a withdrawal could occur without a cheque or withdrawal note.