Ghana Minute.
Sunday, 23 August 2026
Ghana’s news, on the hour · Est. 2026
Sunday, 23 August 2026
Accra—:—London—:—New York—:—Beijing—:—
Ghanaian press · Organization

National Food and Buffer Stock Company

National Food and Buffer Stock Company — organization involved in Ghana's school feeding programme, central to financial impropriety allegations involving former CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab.

2026-05-052026-08-23

In coverage

Verbatim sentences from the source article.

  1. May 2026
  2. Joy Online

    Operatives from the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) have re-arrested Hanan Abdul-Wahab, the former Chief Executive Officer of the National Food and Buffer Stock Company (NAFCO), and his spouse, Faiza Seidu Wuni.

    EOCO re-arrests former NAFCO boss and wife moments after court discharge

Wednesday 12 August

  1. Judges may hear substantive cases during vacation with lawyer consent

    Former Deputy Attorney General Alfred Tuah-Yeboah said judges can hear substantive cases during legal vacation if the lawyers involved are consulted and have no objection, adding that the practice of having judges sit during vacation predates Ghana's independence and is traditionally reserved for urgent matters like bail and injunctions.

    12 August 2026 · Joy Online

  2. Hanan Abdul-Wahab wife's trial adjourned to August after counsel absences

    The High Court in Accra adjourned the criminal case of former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba and his wife Faiza Seidu Wuni to August 17, 2026, after lawyers for both accused failed to appear in court. The Deputy Attorney-General questioned explanations for the absences, noting that lead counsel had previously indicated unavailability during legal vacation and requesting medical evidence.

    12 August 2026 · Joy Online

  3. Hanan explains absent lawyer Dame is ill, in hospital

    Former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab told the Accra High Court on Wednesday that his lead counsel, former Attorney-General Godfred Yeboah Dame, is unwell and receiving medical attention, explaining the lawyer's absence from proceedings. Dame had previously objected to the court's decision to hear the criminal case during the legal vacation period.

    12 August 2026 · Joy Online

Thursday 9 July

  1. EOCO releases former NAFCO CEO after four days in custody

    Former NAFCO CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba was released from EOCO custody on Wednesday, July 8, 2026, after spending four days following his re-arrest at Accra International Airport on July 4 over allegations he attempted to use false means to access a frozen account. His legal team, led by former Attorney-General Godfred Yeboah Dame, has challenged the legality of the arrest and accused the state of acting unlawfully.

    9 July 2026 · Joy Online

Sunday 17 May

  1. Ex-NAFCO boss and wife face 20 criminal charges

    Former National Food and Buffer Stock Company Chief Executive Officer Hanan Abdul-Wahab Aludiba and his wife, Faiza Seidu Wuni, have been charged with 20 counts including stealing, fraud, money laundering, and abuse of public office over alleged financial improprieties. Prosecutors accuse Aludiba of fraudulently obtaining GH¢734,400 from NAFCO in 2017 under the pretext of rent payments.

    17 May 2026 · Joy Online

Wednesday 6 May

  1. Minority leader demands release of NAFCO former CEO and wife

    Minority leader Alexander Afenyo-Markin has called for the immediate release of former NAFCO CEO Abdul-Wahab Hanan Aludiba and his wife, Faiza Seidu Wuni, arrested by EOCO on 5 May 2026, describing it as extrajudicial harassment following the withdrawal of charges against them in court.

    6 May 2026 · The Ghanaian Times

  2. EOCO re-arrests Buffer Stock CEO and wife after charges withdrawn

    Former Attorney-General Godfred Yeboah Dame has accused the Economic and Organised Crime Office of "extra judicial harassment" after the re-arrest and detention of former National Food and Buffer Stock Company CEO Abdul-Wahab Hanan Aludiba and his wife Faiza Seidu Wuni on May 5, 2026, following the withdrawal of charges against them and three others in an ongoing Buffer Stock case.

    6 May 2026 · The Ghanaian Times

  3. Minority leader slams EOCO re-arrest as harassment and abuse of process

    Minority Leader Alexander Afenyo-Markin has criticised the Economic and Organised Crime Office for re-arresting former National Food and Buffer Stock Company CEO Abdul-Wahab Hanan Aludiba and his wife Faiza Seidu Wuni, calling the move needless, politically motivated, and an abuse of due process. The couple were previously part of five individuals arraigned over alleged financial impropriety linked to the Buffer Stock Company, but charges were withdrawn after the court upheld defence objections and the prosecution's case was challenged.

    6 May 2026 · Joy Online

Tuesday 5 May

  1. EOCO re-arrests ex-NAFCO CEO hours after High Court discharge

    Former National Food and Buffer Stock Company CEO Hanan Abdul-Wahab and his wife were re-arrested by the Economic and Organised Crime Office shortly after being discharged by the High Court in a case involving alleged GH¢78 million loss to the state. Their lawyer, Godfred Yeboah Dame, contended the re-arrest raises constitutional and procedural concerns and alleged the couple was denied access to legal representation.

    5 May 2026 · Joy Online

  2. Former NAFCO boss re-arrested following fresh evidence discovery

    The former Chief Executive of the National Food and Buffer Stock Company (NAFCO), Hanan Abdul-Wahab, and his wife, Faiza Seidu Wuni, were re-arrested by the Economic and Organised Crime Office following the Attorney-General's decision to withdraw charges and restart prosecution with newly discovered evidence. Legal analyst Martin Kpebu predicted the expanded case signals the uncovering of additional assets related to their alleged GH¢78 million involvement in school feeding programme losses.

    5 May 2026 · Joy Online

  3. EOCO re-arrests NAFCO boss moments after court discharge

    The Economic and Organised Crime Office re-arrested former NAFCO Chief Executive Hanan Abdul-Wahab and his spouse Faiza Seidu Wuni on 5 May 2026, minutes after the Attorney-General's Department withdrew criminal charges in a case involving an alleged GH¢78 million loss to the state related to the national school feeding programme.

    5 May 2026 · Joy Online

National Food and Buffer Stock Company — Ghanaian press coverage · Ghana Minute