… According to Iran’s semi-official Tasnim news agency, they included an immediate end to the war on all fronts – a reference to the continued Israeli attacks against Iran-supported Hezbollah in Lebanon – a halt to the US naval blockade of Iranian ports, and guarantees of no furthe …
… Iran’s semi-official Tasnim news agency said Tehran’s proposal, sent via Pakistan, which has served as a mediator, included an immediate end to the war on all fronts, a halt to the US naval blockade of Iranian ports and guarantees of no further attacks on Iran. …
… includes an immediate end to the war on all fronts – a reference to the continued Israeli attacks against Iran-supported Hezbollah in Lebanon – a halt to the US naval blockade of Iranian ports and guarantees of no further attacks on Iran, according to Iran’s semi-official Tasnim …
… Tehran sent its response via Pakistan, which has served as a mediator between the two sides, calling for an immediate end to the conflict and guarantees of no further US-Israeli attacks on Iran, according to Iran’s semi-official Tasnim news agency. …
… Iran’s semi-official Tasnim news agency said Tehran’s proposal, sent via Pakistan, which has served as a mediator, included an immediate end to the war on all fronts, a halt to a US naval blockade and guarantees of no further attacks on Iran. …
… Tehran sent its response via Pakistan, which has served as a mediator between the two sides, calling for an immediate end to the conflict and guarantees of no further US-Israeli attacks on Iran, according to Iran’s semi-official Tasnim news agency. …
… The Iranian news agency Tasnim had earlier reported the delegation turned back at the border control, citing their treatment by Canadian immigration authorities. …
Iran's Brig Gen Mohammad Bagherzadeh has written to the International Committee of the Red Cross claiming three Iranian fighter pilots have been held captive by Qatar for six months after their jets were downed during a military operation on 2 March 2026. Qatar categorically denied the allegations, stating it had contacted the pilots after they violated Qatari airspace and that it took necessary measures to defend its territory.
Iran's Brig Gen Mohammad Bagherzadeh has written to the International Committee of the Red Cross claiming three Iranian fighter pilots have been held captive by Qatar for six months after their jets were downed during a military operation on 2 March 2026. Qatar categorically denied the allegations, stating it had contacted the pilots after they violated Qatari airspace and that it took necessary measures to defend its territory.
Oman says positive talks are underway with Iran over an agreement to secure a shipping route through the Strait of Hormuz, though Iran warns that any deal would not immediately reopen the waterway. Iran says reopening depends on other conditions, including US compensation for alleged violations of a ceasefire agreement.
President Trump said the latest US strikes hit Iran "very hard" in honour of three US soldiers killed in recent days—two in Jordan and one in Iraq. US Central Command launched strikes for the ninth consecutive night targeting Iranian military sites and communications networks.
The US launched air strikes against Iranian coastal surveillance and air defence facilities on Saturday, targeting Revolutionary Guards units responsible for an attack in Jordan that killed two US troops and left another missing. Iran's military responded with drone attacks on two US bases in Kuwait, escalating a cycle of tit-for-tat strikes in recent days.
Israel continued strikes in southern Lebanon on Tuesday but avoided Beirut under a partial ceasefire agreement with Hezbollah announced by US President Donald Trump, under which Israeli forces would not bomb the capital in exchange for Hezbollah not attacking Israel. Israeli air strikes hit a hospital in Tyre on Monday, killing four people and injuring 127, including 39 hospital staff.
Oil prices remained mostly steady on Tuesday as conflicting reports about US-Iran negotiations created market volatility, with Brent crude at $95.04 and West Texas Intermediate at $91.99 per barrel. President Trump said talks were ongoing and expected a ceasefire extension and Strait of Hormuz reopening within a week, while Tehran's news agency reported suspended negotiations.
Iran's Foreign Minister said Israeli attacks on Hezbollah in Lebanon could violate the country's ceasefire agreement with the US, which Tehran says covers all fronts. The warning came after Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu ordered strikes on southern Beirut in response to Hezbollah rocket and drone attacks.
President Trump has requested edits to a proposed US-Iran deal involving the Strait of Hormuz and uranium removal, as negotiations continue toward a ceasefire framework that would include a 60-day halt to violence and potential sanctions relief to Iran.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio said the United States will either reach an agreement with Iran or deal with the country "another way," as Washington downplayed hopes for an imminent breakthrough in talks. Rubio indicated the U.S. would exhaust diplomatic options, including negotiations over the Strait of Hormuz and nuclear matters, before exploring alternatives.
US President Donald Trump warned Iran the "clock is ticking" as negotiations to end the war have stalled, stating they must move "FAST or there won't be anything left of them." Iran's foreign ministry said it had responded to the latest US proposal and exchanges with Washington were continuing through Pakistani mediators, though Iranian media reported the US had failed to make concrete concessions.
US President Donald Trump has warned Iran that "the clock is ticking" as negotiations to end the war have stalled, saying "they better get moving, FAST, or there won't be anything left of them." Iranian media reported the US has failed to make concrete concessions in response to Tehran's latest proposals, with Iranian officials describing their own demands as responsible and generous.
President Trump dismissed Iran's response to US proposals to end the war, calling it "totally unacceptable." Iran's proposal, sent via Pakistan as mediator, included an immediate ceasefire on all fronts, a halt to the US naval blockade of Iranian ports, and guarantees against further attacks on Iran.
US President Donald Trump has said the month-long ceasefire between the US and Iran is on "massive life support" and rejected Iran's counter-offer to end the war as "totally unacceptable." Iran's proposal includes an immediate end to the war on all fronts, a halt to the US naval blockade, and guarantees against further attacks.
JP Morgan predicts oil will remain in the "low $100s" for much of the year even if the Strait of Hormuz reopens soon, as supplies would not return to normal service quickly. Brent crude rose above $105 a barrel following tensions between the US and Iran over ceasefire negotiations.
President Donald Trump has dismissed Iran's response to US proposals to end the war as "totally unacceptable". Iran's proposal, sent via Pakistan as mediator, included an immediate end to the war on all fronts, a halt to a US naval blockade, and guarantees of no further attacks on Iran.
Oil prices rose sharply in Asian trading after President Trump dismissed Iran's response to US proposals to end the war as "totally unacceptable." Iran, responding through Pakistan as mediator, called for an immediate end to the conflict and guarantees against further US-Israeli attacks, while Brent crude rose 3.8% to $105.20 a barrel and US crude increased 4% to $99.30.
The United States says it will begin efforts to free merchant ships stranded by Iran's closure of the Strait of Hormuz, with some 15,000 US service personnel and over 100 aircraft involved in what President Trump called a "humanitarian gesture." Iran's military warned it will attack any foreign forces entering the strait, and a senior Iranian official said US interference would violate the temporary ceasefire currently in place.
President Donald Trump said the US will help guide stranded vessels out of the Strait of Hormuz from Monday, calling the operation "Project Freedom" and a humanitarian gesture, while warning that any interference will be dealt with forcefully. Iran has restricted traffic through the waterway since February, though Trump said US and Iranian representatives were having "very positive" discussions.
Iran was the only nation absent from FIFA's annual congress in Canada after officials were turned back at border control, amid reports of immigration issues and Canada's designation of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps as a terrorist organisation. FIFA president Gianni Infantino confirmed Iran will participate in the World Cup this summer in the United States, Canada and Mexico.