Ghana Minute.
Sunday, 23 August 2026
Ghana’s news, on the hour · Est. 2026
Sunday, 23 August 2026
Accra—:—London—:—New York—:—Beijing—:—
Ghanaian press · Event

Operation Recover All Loot

Also known as: ORAL

2026-05-062026-08-23

In coverage

Verbatim sentences from the source article.

  1. August 2026
  2. Joy Online

    Meanwhile, legal vacation is on, but what happens to the government’s Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) cases?

    Livestream: Newsfile discusses AKSA energy deal, legal vacation and GoldBod losses
  3. Joy Online

    Meanwhile, legal vacation is on, but what happens to the government’s Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) cases?

    Playback: Newsfile discussed AKSA energy deal, legal vacation and GoldBod losses
  4. Joy Online

    Meanwhile, legal vacation is on, but what happens to the government’s Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) cases?

    Livestream: Newsfile discusses AKSA energy deal, legal vacation and GoldBod losses
  5. Joy Online

    The Attorney General and Minister for Justice, Dr Dominic Akuritinga Ayine, says the government’s Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) initiative is making significant progress and Ghanaians will soon begin to see the results of investigations and prosecutions.

    ORAL doing fantastic job, Ghanaians will see results soon – Attorney General
  6. Joy Online

    Dr Amoah believes the current circumstances are particularly significant because President Mahama returned to office on a platform that included a strong anti-corruption message and the ORAL initiative (Operation Recover All Loot).

    Corruption must never pay, Ghana must act – Dr Kofi Amoah charges Mahama
  7. Joy Online

    Former Deputy Attorney General Alfred Tuah-Yeboah has questioned the basis for selecting only Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) cases for substantive hearings during the legal vacation.

    Why ORAL cases? – Former Deputy AG quizzes over seeming selectivity in legal vacation hearings
  8. Joy Online

    Dr Srem-Sai has previously said that the Attorney-General’s Office has identified about 30 cases under the Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) initiative considered prosecutable, with between five and 10 already at advanced stages before the courts.

    GBA got it completely wrong on legal vacation — Deputy A-G
  9. Joy Online

    Since assuming office, President John Mahama has pledged to tackle corruption through a number of initiatives, including Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL), raising hopes among many Ghanaians for stronger accountability.

    Sedina Tamakloe Acquittal: Prof Gyampo says corruption fight cannot survive prosecutorial incompetence
  10. July 2026
  11. Joy Online

    According to him, state attorneys informed the Court of Appeal in both oral and written submissions in April 2026 that they had only become aware of the appeal after the court directed both parties to file written submissions.

    Godfred Dame rejects blame over Sedina Attionu acquittal, accuses gov’t of political diversion
  12. Joy Online

    The Attorney General’s Office has identified about 30 cases under the Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) initiative for prosecution, with between five and 10 already at advanced stages before the courts.

    About 30 ORAL cases ready for prosecution – Deputy AG
Politics

Newsfile examines GoldBod losses, AKSA deal, and ORAL cases

The News

Joy Online's Newsfile programme discusses three high-profile governance issues: the IMF's report of US$1.7 billion in losses related to Ghana's Domestic Gold Purchase Programme, which GoldBod disputes; allegations of bribery in a power transaction involving former Goldman Sachs banker Asante Kwaku Berko; and the status of Operation Recover All Loot cases during legal vacation.

15 August 2026 · Joy Online

Saturday 15 August

  1. Newsfile examines GoldBod losses, AKSA deal, and ORAL cases

    Joy Online's Newsfile programme discusses three high-profile governance issues: the IMF's report of US$1.7 billion in losses related to Ghana's Domestic Gold Purchase Programme, which GoldBod disputes; allegations of bribery in a power transaction involving former Goldman Sachs banker Asante Kwaku Berko; and the status of Operation Recover All Loot cases during legal vacation.

    15 August 2026 · Joy Online

  2. Newsfile examines GoldBod losses, AKSA energy deal, and ORAL cases

    A Newsfile episode discussed three accountability issues: the IMF's reported US$1.7 billion in losses associated with Ghana's Domestic Gold Purchase Programme, with GoldBod disputing the characterization as a loss; allegations of bribery in a US prosecution involving a former Goldman Sachs banker and a Ghanaian power transaction; and questions about the progress of the government's Operation Recover All Loot cases during legal vacation.

    15 August 2026 · Joy Online

Friday 14 August

  1. Newsfile to examine AKSA deal, GoldBod losses, ORAL cases

    Joy Online's Newsfile programme will discuss three issues: the IMF's reported US$1.7 billion in losses from Ghana's Domestic Gold Purchase Programme (with GoldBod disputing the characterisation), allegations of bribery in a Ghanaian power transaction involving a former Goldman Sachs banker, and the status of the government's Operation Recover All Loot cases during legal vacation.

    14 August 2026 · Joy Online

  2. Attorney General says ORAL investigations complete, prosecutions pending

    Attorney General Dr Dominic Akuritinga Ayine says Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) has completed investigations into 34 cases, with preliminary findings made and several cases being prepared for filing in court. He stated that prosecutions will begin soon and that investigations are being conducted carefully to ensure they are not political persecution.

    14 August 2026 · Joy Online

  3. Dr Amoah urges Mahama to pursue Berko conviction corruption leads

    Businessman Dr Kofi Amoah has challenged President Mahama to use the US conviction of former TOR Managing Director Asante Kwaku Berko for bribery and money-laundering linked to a Ghanaian power project as an opportunity to pursue those allegedly involved on Ghana's side, urging the Attorney-General to follow the case and hold officials accountable.

    14 August 2026 · Joy Online

Wednesday 12 August

  1. Former Deputy AG questions selectivity in ORAL cases legal vacation hearings

    Former Deputy Attorney General Alfred Tuah-Yeboah has questioned why only Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) cases were selected for substantive hearings during the legal vacation, arguing that lawyers should have been involved in decisions about which cases proceed and noting that similar considerations extended to other pending cases might be justified.

    12 August 2026 · Joy Online

Tuesday 11 August

  1. Deputy AG disputes GBA stance on court proceedings during vacation

    Deputy Attorney-General Dr Justice Srem-Sai has dismissed the Ghana Bar Association's position on legal vacation as having no basis in law, stating that the judiciary, not lawyers, has authority to determine when courts sit, and that vacation courts have always been constituted to conduct proceedings during legal vacations.

    11 August 2026 · Joy Online

Monday 3 August

  1. Prof Gyampo warns prosecutorial incompetence undermines corruption fight

    Political scientist Professor Ransford Gyampo has cautioned that Ghana's anti-corruption efforts risk being weakened by weak evidence and incompetent prosecutors, following Sedina Tamakloe's acquittal by the Court of Appeal. He argued that convictions must be secured through evidence-based prosecutions led by skilled legal professionals who understand the law and due process.

    3 August 2026 · Joy Online

Friday 31 July

  1. Dame denies role in Attionu acquittal, blames government

    Former Attorney-General Godfred Dame has rejected claims that his administration was responsible for the acquittal of ex-MASLOC CEO Sedina Tamakloe Attionu, accusing NDC government communicators of deliberately shifting blame. Dame states that the Office of the Attorney-General was never served with notice of Attionu's appeal during his tenure.

    31 July 2026 · Joy Online

Monday 27 July

  1. Deputy AG: 30 ORAL cases identified for prosecution

    The Attorney General's Office has identified about 30 cases under the Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) initiative for prosecution, with between five and 10 already at advanced stages before the courts. Deputy AG Dr Justice Srem-Sai said another batch of cases would be filed before the start of the new legal year in October.

    27 July 2026 · Joy Online

Sunday 26 July

  1. Deputy AG affirms ORAL initiative still prosecuting corruption cases

    Deputy Attorney-General Dr Justice Srem-Sai has dismissed claims that the Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) initiative is no longer active, stating the team continues to pursue cases and recover public resources. He cited the prosecution of NPP Ashanti Regional Chairman Bernard Antwi Boasiako (Chairman Wontumi), whose case concluded within two months, as evidence of ORAL's effectiveness.

    26 July 2026 · Joy Online

Wednesday 22 July

  1. NDC official warns NPP chairman faces ORAL scrutiny

    Deputy General Secretary Mustapha Gbande has described NPP Ashanti Regional Chairman Bernard Antwi Boasiako as the first casualty of the government's Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) accountability initiative, warning that others could follow similar scrutiny.

    22 July 2026 · Joy Online

Tuesday 16 June

  1. Green Card status does not shield Ofori-Atta from extradition

    Private legal practitioner Amanda Clinton says former Finance Minister Kenneth Nana Yaw Ofori-Atta's reported US permanent residency does not confer immunity from extradition where applicable treaties exist, though it may complicate Ghana's efforts to have him face criminal charges filed by the Office of the Special Prosecutor.

    16 June 2026 · Joy Online

Thursday 11 June

  1. NPP chairman Wontumi seeks plea deal in bank fraud case

    Bernard Antwi-Boasiako, Ashanti regional chairman of the opposition NPP and a businessman known as Chairman Wontumi, has asked prosecutors to negotiate a plea bargain in a multi-million-cedi bank fraud case related to Ghana Export-Import Bank. He is simultaneously fighting two other cases concerning alleged illegal mining and running for the NPP's national chairmanship.

    11 June 2026 · Joy Online

Wednesday 10 June

  1. AG to discuss pending extradition requests with US counterpart

    Attorney-General Dr Dominic Ayine is scheduled to meet US Department of Justice officials to discuss pending extradition requests between Ghana and the United States. The announcement, made by Minister for Government Communications Felix Kwakye Ofosu, has renewed focus on Ghana's extradition request regarding former Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta.

    10 June 2026 · The Chronicle

  2. Attorney-General to meet US Justice officials on extradition requests

    Ghana's Attorney-General Dr Dominic Ayine is scheduled to meet United States Department of Justice officials for bilateral discussion on pending extradition requests between the two countries. The announcement has renewed attention on Ghana's extradition request for former Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta.

    10 June 2026 · The Chronicle

Thursday 4 June

  1. APP founder calls for NDC action on alleged corruption cases

    The Action People's Party founder Kenneth Nana Kwame Asamoah has urged the NDC government to pursue prosecutions arising from Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL), warning that Ghanaians will be disappointed if no action is taken against alleged former officials by next year.

    4 June 2026 · The Chronicle

Monday 25 May

  1. Ghana showcases anti-corruption initiatives at UN Vienna convention

    Nana Oye Bampoe Addo led Ghana's delegation to the 17th Session of the United Nations Convention Against Corruption in Vienna, where she highlighted the government's anti-corruption initiatives including Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL), youth engagement programmes, and capacity building efforts under President John Dramani Mahama's administration.

    25 May 2026 · Joy Online

Wednesday 20 May

  1. AG dismisses NPP threats, reaffirms government commitment to freedoms

    Attorney-General Dominic Ayine has dismissed threats by the opposition NPP to make the country "ungovernable", stating the government will respect democratic freedoms and continue its anti-corruption prosecutions. The dispute arose after the NPP's National Youth Organiser warned of "drastic steps" if alleged harassment of party members did not cease.

    20 May 2026 · Joy Online

Thursday 14 May

  1. Manyhia South MP questions ORAL's courtroom success prospects

    The Manyhia South Member of Parliament has cast doubt on the government's ability to successfully prosecute cases under Operation Recover All Loot, saying the legal foundations of ORAL-related investigations are weak and criticizing the Attorney-General for raising public expectations without adequate groundwork.

    14 May 2026 · Joy Online

Monday 11 May

  1. ORAL cases involving Wontumi, Adu Boahene, Skytrain continue this week

    Court hearings in several high-profile cases linked to the government's "Operation Recover All Loot" (ORAL) anti-corruption and anti-illegal mining campaign are expected to continue from 11 to 15 May. Deputy Attorney General Dr Justice Srem-Sai highlighted the government's broader efforts to uphold civil and political rights while pursuing the prosecutions.

    11 May 2026 · Joy Online

Saturday 9 May

  1. Former Deputy AG says ORAL anti-corruption initiative has collapsed

    Alfred Tuah-Yeboah, former Deputy Attorney-General, has argued that the Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) initiative has effectively collapsed, noting that over one year has passed since the Attorney-General entered nolle prosequi into some cases previously prosecuted by the Akufo-Addo administration. His remarks come amid renewed anti-corruption actions, though he warns that aggressive prosecution without full transparency could undermine public trust in the justice system.

    9 May 2026 · Joy Online

Friday 8 May

  1. ORAL will yield stronger results, NPP critics warned

    Abass Nurudeen, CEO of the Social Investment Fund, has warned that the Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) anti-corruption initiative will soon produce stronger results and that individuals under investigation will "feel the heat." He urged the opposition NPP to be measured in comments suggesting ORAL has failed, and criticised former Attorney-General Godfred Yeboah Dame over allegations of past witness tampering.

    8 May 2026 · Joy Online

Thursday 7 May

  1. Judge clashes with Wontumi's lawyers over trial scheduling delays

    The High Court's Criminal Court 4 continued proceedings in the trial of Ashanti Regional Chairman Bernard Antwi Boasiako (Chairman Wontumi) over alleged illegal mining activities at Samreboi concession without required authorisation. During proceedings on May 7, 2026, the defence lawyer resisted proposed dates for opening the defence case and requested longer adjournments, prompting a sharp reaction from presiding judge Justice Audrey Kocuvie-Tay, who accused defence lawyers of contributing to delays in Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL) cases.

    7 May 2026 · Joy Online

Wednesday 6 May

  1. Minority leader slams EOCO re-arrest as harassment and abuse of process

    Minority Leader Alexander Afenyo-Markin has criticised the Economic and Organised Crime Office for re-arresting former National Food and Buffer Stock Company CEO Abdul-Wahab Hanan Aludiba and his wife Faiza Seidu Wuni, calling the move needless, politically motivated, and an abuse of due process. The couple were previously part of five individuals arraigned over alleged financial impropriety linked to the Buffer Stock Company, but charges were withdrawn after the court upheld defence objections and the prosecution's case was challenged.

    6 May 2026 · Joy Online

Operation Recover All Loot — Ghanaian press coverage · Ghana Minute